Mid Sem no. 5 has just made a passing visit...Presently nothing in life is more predictable than a mid sem exam, irrespective of the paper, prof, person, exam room no, guy sitting infront...the sentiments are the same after each one of them...but I have just had a cnfirmation of a viewpoint I had at the back of my mind for some time now...and it takes origin from the JEE days...
The theory being put forward is : " There are two types of people who clear IIT-JEE...one who would do it anyways...no matter what the pattern of paper, day of exam...and all the variables are...the other type is the one that are in IIT due to one good day(the JEE day)...not that they are not talented n all that stuff...but they simply had a good day giving the exam...or else they were out!"
Now, there are a few reasons why I say this...the following observations should throw more light on this...lets say these people are of "TYPE I" and "TYPE II"...and see their reactions to some general situations encountered by IITians...
1. Result of JEE is declared::::
TYPE1 : arre yaar...I knew it...2 question me silly mistake kar diye...nahi to I would have got my favourite department(head on mom's shoulder)...why am I always so unlucky????
TYPE2: abe saala...maza aa gaya...ye to gazab ho gaya...ab to total masti hai life me..aur koi kuch bolega bhi nahi aaj se..mazaak hai kya..IITian ho gaye hai hum bhai...
2.After their first few days in IIT::::
TYPE1: ummm...I liked this prof's style of teaching..but this IIT does not live upto the standards yaar...I had dreamt of a better infrastructure to be honest and better style of caring for the best students of the country
TYPE2:aadha subject me to attendence hi nahi hota hai...aur kya chahiye...last me parh ke kaafi kuch kar denge...par itni kam larki hai yaha...kaise rahta hai sab yaha...galti kar diye yaha aake kya?
3.Result of mid sems are out::::
TYPE1: marks to theek aaya hai...but tht guy(say maggu) topped in all 4 subjects...kitna parhta hoga yaar ye...
TYPE2: end sem me accha karna hoga ab...kal se parhai shuru
4.Sem ends::::
TYPE1: Ab thora sa masti kar lete hai...
TYPE2:Ab thora padh lete hai...agle sem se
Without the slightest of doubt, I always knew which category I belonged to..just that I got enlightened about the other one after coming to this place.Well,even though this seems to be becoming an anti-TYPE1 blog, I must mention that I have a lot of respect for people who just n just study at KGP. Without getting into whats right n whats not, its perhaps the most difficult thing to do at this place particularly and something I am not good enough to do [ fortunately ;) ]
And hey..to end this nonsense on a light note, the typical conversation between TYPE1 n TYPE2 is something of this sort....
TYPE1:hmmm.... bahut mug raha hai...sahi hai...humko to padhne me man hi nahi lag raha hai...poora peace maar rahe hai...pata nahi @#$# kaise parhta hai itna...pata hai, kal test tha...kitaab touch..touch bhi nahi kiye...
TYPE2: kal test tha kya?
9 comments:
Waah ! Nice one !! Very true .Btw you could include one more there :
After reading your Blog :
TYPE I : arre hum to TYPE II main aate hain yaar
:P
i swear i come in the type II category you've described! was surely never meant to come here!!
lol, nice post.
But the last convo is brilliant [:)]
brilliant yaar!
awesome!!
Ending kuch huha hai
Bt u forgot forgot TYPE III---The ones who don't know weder they are TYPE I or TYPE II and finally end up sumwhere in between :P
Haha. Nice one. Loved the way you ended the post.
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.
hey that made an interesting read.as everyone already said, last conversation rocked!
Looking forward to more of it.
awesome !!
very witty.. n m a natural type2 !
Post a Comment